March 13, 2018 -- "7 big announcements from HIMSS18", is an article by Rachel Z. Arndt in the March 10, edition of Modern Healthcare, following last week's conference in Las Vegas. According to Arndt, "The buzz at HIMSS has shifted from meaningful use and health IT adoption, to tapping into artificial intelligence, generating actionable data, and, importantly, embracing consumerism."
She followed with a report of the major items from leading technology, governance and other organizations present, and giving keynote addresses, at HIMSS18:
- Alphabet announced the Google Cloud Healthcare application programming interface, which can pull data from electronic health records and other sources.
- CMS Administrator Seema Verma (*pictured) announced the Trump administration's MyHealthEData initiative, through which the government intends to give patients more control over their data.
- Cerner Corp. will add Salesforce's Health Cloud and Marketing Cloud to its HealtheIntent big data platform.
- Validic launched Validic Impact, a remote-monitoring platform.
- UnitedHealthcare is bringing the Apple Watch into its UnitedHealthcare Motion wellness program.
- Data network Human API and the CMS will push the CMS' new Blue Button 2.0 API through Human API's network
- Epic Systems Corp. has integrated Nuance's AI-powered virtual assistant into its EHR.
Contact Derive Healthcare
The leadership of Derive Healthcare (the dedicated healthcare solutions practice of Derive Technologies) attended HIMSS18, and joined numerous leaders in Healthcare Technology, point-of-care, and more to discuss and reveal new business and consulting offerings.
To learn more, please contact a member of the Derive Healthcare team by calling (212) 363-1111 [New York], (201) 299-9132 [New Jersey] or TOLL-FREE at (844) 363-1110, or by completing the form on this page (please include "HIMSS18 News" in the form's comments).